Services - Yacht Electrical Surveys
The yacht's electrical system is usually the most important system on board but is often the least understood. Electrical Marine performs yacht electrical surveys that provide a comprehensive review of a vessel's electrical system and helps the yacht owner to understand the interaction of all the components. As part of the yacht electrical survey all electrical marine systems are traced and inspected. Design and quality of installation will be addressed along with recommendations for modification and improvement.
Our yacht electrical surveys include
- Inspect shore power system for proper voltage, impedance, frequency and ground protection.
- Inspect and test galvanic isolators or isolation transformers.
- Detect any corrosive currents in shore power ground.
- Inspect bonding system for proper design, installation, corrosion and safety.
- Inspect DC voltage systems for proper design, installation and safety.
- Inspect AC voltage systems for proper design, installation and safety.
- Examine entire system for buyer protection purposes, ABYC and NFPA compliance for insurance. coverage and any previous damage due to fire or water.
- Provide recommendations for modification and improvement.
Please contact us for further information.